Creating MSTs for Client Filter or WAgent using ORCA MSI Editor.
To configure your Client Filter/Wagent, you will need to create an MST file. To generate MST file for Client Filter/WAgent configuration using ORCA MSI Editor, please follow the steps below.
- Right Click on the MSI file and select Edit with ORCA.
- From the Transform tab, select New Transform.
- Click on Properties from the Tables menu and double click on CONFIGEDIT (NS_WAGENT_ARGS in case of WAgent) to make changes.
- Once the changes have been made, press Enter key to apply the changes.
- In case of Client filter, Exceptions List also must be added in the MST.
- To add the Exceptions List, right click on NSEXCEPTIONS and select Import Text File.
- Once the exceptions list has been added, click on Transform tab, and select Generate Transform.
- Save the MST file and use it for the installation.
- To install MSI with the MST (transform), run msiexec /i [MSI Filename] TRANSFORMS=[MST Filename] through Command Prompt.
Please note - for WAgent Arguments or Client Filter CONFIGEDIT, refer to Netsweeper Online Documentation as below-
WAgent - Workstation Agent (WAgent)
Client Filter - ConFigEdit Settings
For more information on this topic, please reach out to Netsweeper Support.