Netsweeper Minimum Hardware Requirements
For proper sizing and scaling specifications of the Netsweeper filtering platform, please contact your Netsweeper Account Manager to set up time with one of our System Engineers. Hardware must be properly commissioned to meet the filtering requirements of each Netsweeper deployment. The minimum hardware may not always meet your filtering requirements.
Netsweeper has the following minimum requirements:
- Intel CPU at 2Ghz with 6MB cache
- 4GB memory for 32bit installations
- 16GB memory for 64bit installations
- 100GB disk with RAID1 (mirror)
Netsweeper recommends the following system specifications for the different server roles:
|Enterprise Filter||Capture Modules 1GE||Capture Module 10GE||Policy Server||Webadmin||Reporter||Deny Page|
|System HDD||2x100GB RAID1||2x100GB RAID1||2x100GB RAID1||2x100GB RAID1||2x100GB RAID1||2x100GB RAID1||2x100GB RAID 1|
|Logs HDD||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||5GB-16TB RAID 5||N/A|
|Reports HDD||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||5GB-16TB RAID 5||N/A|
|Report Temp HDD||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||SSD 200GB RAID 0||N/A|
|Management Interface||Yes, 10/100/1G||Yes, 10/100/1G||Yes, 10/100/1G||Yes, 10/100/1G||Yes, 10/100/1G||Yes, 10/100/1G||Yes, 10/100/1G|
|Internet Interface||Yes, 10/100/1G||Yes, 10/100/1G||Yes, 10/100/1G||Yes, 10/100/1G||Yes, 10/100/1G||Yes, 10/100/1G||Yes, 10/100/1G|
|Capture Interface||N/A||Yes, 1GE||Yes, 10GE||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Deny Interface||N/A||2 may be required||2 may be required||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
- Enterprise Filter is limited to 140Mbps. Increasing cores or NICs does not increase performance.
- Capture Modules limited to 400Mbps/NIC with 8 cores/NIC in Netsweeper 3.1 and 3.0.
- Capture Modules limited to 2.5Gbps/NIC with 16 cores/NIC in Netsweeper 4 and above.
- Netsweeper 4 requires Intel based network cards
These are the Intel drivers that are supported:
- Intel 1GE e1000, 8254x/8256x/8257x/8258x (Limited to 400Mbps)
- Intel 1GE igb, 82575/82576/82580/I350-based (800Mbps-1Gbps) (highly recommended for 1 GB network card)
- Intel 10GE ixgbe, 82598/82599 based (2.5 Gbps) (highly recommended for 1 or 10 GB network cards)
- Netsweeper 4 and above may not work without the above network cards.
- Netsweeper 4 and above will be limited to Netsweeper 3 performance without Intel network cards.
- All System HDD should be configured with RAID 1 mirroring with 2 disks.
- All disks are recommended to be SSD or SAS disks at 10k RPM or better.
- Logs HDD can be reduced to meet specific storage requirements.
- Reports HDD can be reduced to meet specific report generation and storage requirements.
- Report Temp HDD recommended for faster report generation but is not required.
- Reporter server specifications can also be used for a WebAdmin server.
- Reporter memory can be reduced to 16Gb but report generation performance will be degraded.
- 6 to 8 million requests can fit into 1GBytes of Log data.
- Netsweeper 3 supports the maximum disk size of 16TB using EXT3.
- Netsweeper 4 and above can support mounting disks of a maximum size up to 100TB when formatted as XFS.
The following cards support the i40e driver:
- Intel® Ethernet Controller X710/XL710/XXV710/V710/X722
Contact your Netsweeper Account Manager/System Engineer for more specific sizing recommendations based on your deployment requirements.